Thursday, June 23, 2011

Walk To End Alzheimer's

June 22, 2011- Today was our Kick-Off Party for the October Walk Fundraiser. Groups met throughout Eastern Iowa to register their teams and get started fundraising. I will be having my own team this year, TEAM BLING and the HEELS FOR HOPE CAMPAIGN. I have a goal of raising $1000.00, if I reach that goal I will be doing the 3 mile "Walk" in a pair of high heels! All of my teammmates will be offered the opportunity to join me in heels and of course....we will have LOTS of BLING!!! My purpose is to bring as much attention to this fundraiser as I can and doing something out of the ordinary should help me reach my goal. I pray for a day we find a cure for Alzheimer's and the more funding we have for research, the closer we will come to that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment