Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Patriotic Pops Concert

June 29, 2011~ I attended a concert of patriotic music performed by a choir of 90 community members. The event was very focused on recognizing Vets from all wars and the 4Th of July. I was in awe of the incredible voices I listened to! The voices and the songs chosen were beautiful! I was so impressed with how they made the Vets from WWII, Korea and Vietnam feel special. They each were introduced and able to state their branch of service. Special detail was given to the Vietnam Vets. Each war from WWII to present was announced and we stood for our time of service and were applauded. I really enjoyed at the end, all who served in the military were asked to stand together and salute our American flag. WHAT AN HONOR FOR ME!! I was able to salute ( in crown,sash AND heels) with my brothers, and 1 sister,in arms....what a privilege to share with these amazing service members, but especially those from WWII, Korea and Vietnam and even an ex-POW!!!! I enjoyed meeting members of the Cedar Rapids community and even got some hugs!

No comments:

Post a Comment