Friday, June 10, 2011

Indianapolis 500

Joe's Army buddy called to see if we would like free tickets to the Indy 500....um...let me think.....YEAH!!! What an incredible experience this was! The people, the size of the infield, golf course included....the cars....THE SPEED AND THAT SOUND!!! I think that will buzz in my head forever. We were able to take two of the kids, others had prior commitments. We were so thrilled to give them a possible once in a lifetime trip. We had a great time, despite the heat...and the walking...by the end of the day we figured out we walked about 12 miles. Did I mention I was wearing flip flops?? Was not thinking we would walk that much but parking took forever ( 100 Anniversary ) so we stopped and walked the rest of the way...and then back....after a crazy search for a lanyard and a t-shirt! Somehow when you get to make incredible memories, you don't feel the pain until later. We are thankful to KP for sharing this day with us. The best part was before the race when they honored our troops, had a fly over and.....we got to hear Miss America~Theresa Scanlon, sing God Bless America!! If only I could have met her! A great day...I highly recommend putting this on your bucket list!

No comments:

Post a Comment