Friday, June 10, 2011

Finding Your Inner Princess

I believe the key to being a confident successful woman, begins when you are a little girl. At a very early age girls compare themselves to other girls and the cycle of self doubt, lack of confidence and discouragement with life begins. I want to encourage girls and women of all ages to believe in themselves and to let the voice in their head be a positive one. I found Dove is working toward the same goal, they have incredible programs and opportunities! As I read through some their information, my own childhood insecurities began to surface. I remembered how I felt and how often I told myself "I wasn't good enough" for so many things in life.

My goal is to make sure girls have the resources, knowledge and support system to help them through these tough early years. I want to make sure no one feels the way I did!!
Please visit the following sites from Dove for more information on how you can make a difference!
www.girlsinc.org
girlsinc-online.org ~ this one is for the girls to check out!
www.dove.us
www.dovemovement.com
www.girlscouts.org and their Uniquely Me Program
www.BCGA.org- Boys and Girls Club of America

I am looking forward to encouraging and teaching girls and women my new self esteem program ~ FINDING YOUR INNER PRINCESS! I also will be working with Dove to share their message in communities across Iowa!

No comments:

Post a Comment