Thursday, October 14, 2010

Teaming Up For Iowa Troop Pantry

I decided to do a fundraiser for Iowa Troop Pantry, raising money to get supplies needed for filling the boxes we send to the troops deployed to Afghanistan. I went first to the Iowa City Regina football game(my boys were playing too) and asked people to donate for ITP.... what an amazing response!! $460.00 was raised in approx. 4 hours! I had some help from Janet Keating and her family too, Janet's daughter is one of the 2800 Iowa National Guard Troops we are supporting. The next day, my husband Joe and I went "tailgating for troops" at the Iowa/Penn St football game. We walked among the crazy Iowa fans asking for donations and also enjoying the chance to explain what ITP and Mrs. Midwest US Beauties are. We had great support again and raised an additional $145.00!! I did have one lady ask me if I was actually trying to get beer money!! What! Too funny...nope...just snacks and hygiene items for soldiers. This was a lot of fun, I can't wait until I can do more fundraising!

No comments:

Post a Comment