Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Sending Love From Home

Jan 22,2011 Time to organize the supplies and pack some boxes for the troops! Joe, Reagan and I joined Iowa Troop Pantry and some new friends packing boxes. We were able to pack 27 this time! It is fun to do but never easy....once you see the boxes lined up, you realize..we have so many soldiers far from home. One of our friends and his fellow soldiers are in a remote part of Afghanistan in the mountains..... they were able to communicate and ask for us to send supplies..... one man has lost 30 pounds!! All the have a MREs (meals ready to eat)...which would be the equivalent of an adult working a very physical job and only having a Lunchable to eat. I don't know many that could handle that..... this is why, I do what I do!! To support our soldiers who sacrifice everything for us. I know I will never look at a can of ravioli again without thinking of them. The soldiers ask for it all the time....every box has at least 2 cans. They put the cans in the sun to warm, open and have a hot meal. They also go without simple things like soap, toothpaste and toothbrushes, and deodorant. I am so thankful we have such amazing community members that also volunteer to take care of these soldiers. Many thanks to Whitney, Deb, Lisa and Lindsey!

No comments:

Post a Comment