Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Iowa National Guard Family Christmas Party 2010

Iowa Troop Pantry, many Iowa City Realtors, the Family Readiness Group along with Joe and I held a Christmas party for the spouses, family and children of some of Iowa's deployed soldiers. We had a huge dinner,games and presents for every child and a visit from SANTA!! We had a great time!! While I was serving dinner, I looked across the room and saw the same look on many faces I had at one point in my life. A look of worry, constant concern, and never being able to just relax. Especially those caring for smaller kids. The spouses at home are both Mom and Dad and it made me think of the days I was a single Mom to 4! It is very difficult and exhausting. But they keep driving on, asking for nothing. I was again reminded, why my platform is supporting Soldiers, Vets and their families! When Santa arrived, the kids all sat on his lap and asked for presents.....they even let me have a turn!! I asked for all these families to have their loved ones return home soon and safe. We had a beautiful day....I loved seeing the kids with Santa!!

No comments:

Post a Comment