Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Faces of Freedom- Iowa City Send-Off

August 3,2010: TOUGH DAY! I went with my kids to the send off ceremony for Bravo Company 1/133 "Ironman" Battalion as they prepared to leave on their year long deployment to Afghanistan.I have been on both sides of this fence, as a troop leaving, and watching family leave. There is nothing easy about deployments!! As I sat watching all I could think is, God please be with all these families. And...please show me the way to help them all I can, and bring others with me to help! There really are no words to describe when soldiers are sent to war, so here are some pictues that will tell the story better than I can! I shook as many hands of these soldiers that I could-telling them thank you and good luck... and then hugged some of their family members. Its all you can do at that moment..... besides pray. So good luck to the 1/133 Ironmen...we will be sending you letters, packages, and love...taking care of your families and waiting for your return....HOOAHH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment