Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Johnson County Military Affairs

Friday Aug 13, 2010 I attended the monthly meeting to discuss what my community is doing for Veterans. Besides getting updates from Iowa Troop Pantry, The University of Iowa ROTC, the Iowa City VA Hospital and Wreaths Across America, I was invited to a few events! I will be attending the National Veterans Tee Tournament in Riverside, Iowa in Sept. This is a golf outing for disabled Vets from all across the nation. What an honor it will be to meet these Vets!! I am also attending the Veteran's Day Banquet in Nov. This will be a formal dinner to honor our Veterans. If you would like to attend please let me know, I am helping sell tickets for the dinner. Sounds like a fun night... a chance to "dress up", meet some new friends and honor our heros!

No comments:

Post a Comment