Thursday, August 19, 2010

Circle of Influence Luncheon with Tony Schumacher

August 14, 2010 I had the honor of meeting Mr. Tony Schumacher, the driver of the US Army Top Fuel Dragster at the Lucas Oil Nationals in Brainerd, Mn. I was invited to a pre-race luncheon with Tony, Mr. Don Schumacher, owner of Schumacher Racing, Lt. Colonel Kim, Battalion Commander,SSGT. Brown- Tony's Hometown Hero, new Army recruits, the Mayor of Brainerd, Mr. James Wallin, and many other local citizens that support our troops. I was very impressed at the level of commitment Tony, Don and Lt. Col Kim have for supporting soldiers and their families. Besides driving a car that goes from 0 to over 100 mph in seconds, and reaches speeds over 338 mph, Tony travels across the country speaking to kids encouraging them to "bring their A GAME to life....not their B GAME". He reminds them to go for their dreams not matter what it is and give everything you do in life your best effort. He also pointed out, 7 out 10 people will not be allowed to join the military for various reasons. So for those who make it, be proud. Tony is a Veteran himself and has served in Iraq and Afghanistan. What I took from this day, besides watching some pretty great races, ( I looove to watch races and my husband and I are always pointing out great cars everywhere we go), is Tony Schumacher is not only an amazing drag racer and 7 time National Champion.... he is passionate about our soldiers and his love for America. I am honored to be given the opportunity to meet someone that feels the same as I do! HOOAHH!!

No comments:

Post a Comment