Sunday, December 26, 2010

Veteran's Day 2010~ Memorial Dedication

I had the honor of being a guest speaker at the All War Memorial dedication in Lone Tree, Iowa. We first had homemade rolls, juice and coffee served by the Lone Tree Jr. High students and then listened to letters they wrote at school to Vets. Next was the ceremony for the memorial and I spoke to approx 100 people about my time as a soldier and how its important to support our Soldiers and Vets. I was soooooo nervous but it was a piece of cake...I wished I could speak longer! Afterwards, I was asked to speak at a Memorial Day service-6 months away! Guess I did ok! I enjoyed meeting many different people that share my same mission but was most impressed with the support from our youth!! Knowing we are teaching and encouraging all generations to support those who bring us freedom is priceless! I know I met some future soldiers today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment