Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Pearl Harbor Visit

My family and I went on vacation to Hawaii in October 2010, while there I knew I had to stop by the Pearl Harbor Monument.It was breathtaking and emotional. It is hard to believe such a war occurred in this beautiful location. I met some local Vets as well as some from the mainland, and had a chance to learn some more history of Pearl Harbor.
We also took time to visit the Marine Corps base. Another beautiful place! I love to visit military bases...they remind me of the family inside the gates and how proud I am to belong. We had a photo opportunity by the Iwo Jima Memorial. Around the memorial are bricks with names engraved in memory of heroes who gave their life. I happen to find one of a man from Boone, Iowa! What an honor it was to visit these touching and beautiful memorials and to also have a chance to tell people from around the US, about US Beauties and what I and my pageant are all about.

No comments:

Post a Comment